Sevan is a technology, design and engineering company. The company is developing, designing and delivering cost effective offshore solutions based on its unique cylindrical hull design. So far there are 11 units built and one under construction. Sevan SSP is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sembcorp Marine (Singapore) with offices in Oslo, Arendal and Bergen.
Curious, creative and up for a challenge?
Position: Senior Naval Architect – Stability
Position type: Full time
Application deadline: 14.10.2021
Sevan has been an innovator within floating offshore structures for 20 years, serving the oil & gas sector. We have now entered the green energy sector and are heavily involved in R&D and technology development. We are looking for a senior naval architect with experience in stability analysis to strengthen our Hull and Structure Team. The Hull and Structure Team covers all aspects related to structure, stability, weight and construction.
- Hull sizing and tank arrangement in close cooperation with other disciplines
- Stability analysis (NAPA software) through all project phases
- Participate in planning and performance of inclining tests
- Weight management and weight control
- Concept and technology development
We are looking for Senior Naval Architect with the following qualifications and experiences:
- MSc or BSc in Naval Architecture / Marine Technology
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience from stability analysis
- Relevant work experience within the oil and gas or shipbuilding industry
- NAPA software experience
- Relevant regulatory knowledge
Your personal skills and qualities
- Have a desire to make a difference
- Systematic, analytical, curious and creative
- Good communication skills in English, both oral and written
- Flexible with respect to travelling and assignments abroad
Norwegian work permit and a place of residence in Norway is a prerequisite.
- Small company environment where you can make a difference
- Multidiscipline and inspiring work environment
- Highly skilled and motivated colleagues
- Participation in development of new concepts
- Collaboration with our parent company Sembcorp Marine in Singapore
- International projects
- Competitive salary and bonus program
- Office locations in Oslo, Arendal and Bergen. You can choose any of the offices.
Inger Johanne Iversen,
Lead HR and Admin
Mobile: (+47) 473 69 996
Sevan SSP AS
Lysaker Torg 12, 1366 Lysaker – Norway
To apply for this job please visit www.finn.no.